This theatre was initially built under the name of 'Teatro Principal de Pamplona' but changed its name in 1903 in memory of the tenor from the Roncal valley Julián Gayarre
. It was moved to its present site in 1931, although conserving part of its original facade.
After a new of reforms, the Teatro Gayarre still conserves its 'Italian horseshoe' shape and its capacity of 1056 seats
, spread between stalls, boxes and 'gods'.
Every year, it offers some of the best spectacles on offer in the country, without forgetting local companies and in-house productions. It also dedicates a special cycle for youngsters.