Stretch of the River Arga as it passes through Falces and Peralta. There are considerable cliffs cut from gypsum on the west bank and, on the east, a plain used for horticultural farming, where a few extinct branches of the River Arga, populated with lush, riverbank woodland vegetation, remain.
There are several tracks running through the area and two observatories at different points in Soto de la Muga.
This area includes the Natural Enclave "Soto de la Muga" and the Natural Reserve of "Sotos Gil y Ramal Hondo".Habitats
Cliffs and riverbank copses.Birds
- Residents: Mallard, Grey heron, White stork, Red kite, Griffon vulture, Marsh harrier, Northern goshawk, Eurasian sparrowhawk, Common buzzard, Golden eagle, Common kestrel, Peregrine falcon, Water rail, Moorhen, Common sandpiper, Eurasian collared dove, Barn owl, Eagle owl, Little owl, Long-eared owl, Common kingfisher, Iberian green woodpecker, Great spotted woodpecker, Lesser spotted woodpecker, Crested lark, White wagtail, Grey wagtail, Wren, Robin, Black redstart, Common stonechat, Blackbird, Song thrush, Cetti's warbler, Zitting, Blackcap, Firecrest, Long-tailed tit, Blue tit, Great tit, Short-toed treecreeper, Penduline tit, Magpie, Red-billed chough, Eurasian jackdaw, Carrion crow, Common raven, Spotless starling, House sparrow, Tree sparrow, Rock sparrow, Common chaffinch, European serin, Greenfinch, Goldfinch, Linnet, Cirl bunting, Corn bunting.
- Summer visitors: Purple heron, Black kite, Egyptian vulture, Short-toed eagle, Montagu's harrier, Booted eagle, Hobby, Common quail, Little ringed plover, European turtle dove, Common cuckoo, Scops owl, Common swift, European bee-eater, Hoopoe, Wryneck, Sand martin, Crag martin, Barn swallow, House martin, Tawny pipit, Iberian yellow wagtail, Rufous nightingale, Great reed warbler, Melodious warbler, Western orphean warbler, Common whitethroat, Garden warbler, Iberian chiffchaff, Golden oriole.
- Winter visitors: Little grebe, Great cormorant, Little egret, Merlin, Common coot, European golden plover, Northern lapwing, Jack snipe, Common snipe, Water pipit, Tawny pipit, Dipper, Mistle thrush, Fieldfare, Redwing, Common chiffchaff, Southern grey shrike, Common starling, Brambling.
- Passage migrants: Greylag goose, Common shelduck, Eurasian wigeon, Gadwall, Common teal, Garganey, Northern shoveler, Common pochard, Great bittern, Night heron, Cattle egret, Black stork, Osprey, Common crane, Black-winged stilt, Avocet, Great ringed plover, Grey plover, Little stint, Dunlin, Ruff, Black-tailed godwit, Bar-tailed godwit, Whimbrel, Common redshank, Greenshank, Green sandpiper, Black tern, Tree pipit, Common redstart, Whinchat, Northern wheatear, Reed warbler, Sedge warbler, Willow warbler.Recommended observation points
- Route of "Soto de la Muga"