Agricultural district on the banks of the River Irati, halfway along its trajectory. Wide, fairly flat valley and foothills of some mountain ranges, such as the Sierra of Izko.
This area includes the Natural Enclave of "Soto de Campo Allende".Habitats
Mediterranean countryside and scrubland, wheatfields, riverbank copses.Birds
- Residents: Mallard, White stork, Red kite, Griffon vulture, Northern goshawk, Eurasian sparrowhawk, Common buzzard, Golden eagle, Common kestrel, Peregrine falcon, Red-legged partridge, Moorhen, Rock dove, Common woodpigeon, Barn owl, Eagle owl, Little owl, Tawny owl, Long-eared owl, Common kingfisher, Iberian green woodpecker, Great spotted woodpecker, Crested lark, Thekla lark, Wood lark, Sky lark, Grey wagtail, White wagtail, Dipper, Wren, Dunnock, Robin, Black redstart, Common stonechat, Rock thrush, Blackbird, Song thrush, Mistle thrush, Cetti's warbler, Zitting, Dartford warbler, Sardinian warbler, Blackcap, Firecrest, Long-tailed tit, Crested tit, Coal tit, Blue tit, Great tit, Short-toed treecreeper, Southern grey shrike, Eurasian jay, Magpie, Red-billed chough, Eurasian jackdaw, Carrion crow, Common raven, Spotless starling, House sparrow, Tree sparrow, Rock sparrow, Common chaffinch, Greenfinch, Goldfinch, Linnet, Cirl bunting, Rock bunting, Corn bunting.
- Summer visitors: European honey-buzzard, Black kite, Egyptian vulture, Short-toed eagle, Hen harrier, Montagu's harrier, Booted eagle, Hobby, Common quail, Little ringed plover, Common sandpiper, Stock dove, European turtle dove, Common cuckoo, Scops owl, European nightjar, Common swift, European bee-eater, Hoopoe, Wryneck, Sand martin, Barn swallow, Crag martin, House martin, Tawny pipit, Tree pipit, Iberian yellow wagtail , Rufous nightingale, Northern wheatear, Black-eared wheatear, Melodious warbler, Subalpine warbler, Western orphean warbler, Common whitethroat, Garden warbler, Bonelli's warbler, Iberian chiffchaff, Spotted flycatcher, Penduline tit, Golden oriole, Red-backed shrike, Woodchat shrike, European serin, Ortolan bunting.
- Winter visitors: Great cormorant, Grey heron, Little egret, Merlin, Northern lapwing, Water pipit, Tawny pipit, Fieldfare, Redwing, Common chiffchaff, Goldcrest, Brambling, Siskin, Hawfinch, Yellowhammer.
- Passage migrants: Greylag goose, Common teal, Black stork, Common crane, Common snipe, Green sandpiper, Short-eared owl, Common redstart, Whinchat, Ring ouzel, Willow warbler, Pied flycatcher.Recommended observation points
- Footpath SL NA-183 "Rocaforte"