Large valley carved by the Rivers Ultzama and Arkil (Valley of Ultzama) and the River Basaburua (Valley of Basaburua). Low areas with fields and Pedunculate oak woods. Hillsides covered with Pyrenean oak and Beech. The Site of Community Importance includes the "Orgi Woods" Natural Recreation Area, an 80-Ha. Oak woods prepared for visits.
This area is the Site of Community Importance "Ultzama-Basaburua Oak woods" (Natura 2000 Network) and includes the "Orgi Woods" Natural Recreation Area.Habitats
Deciduous woodland, mainly Pedunculate oak, and Atlantic countryside.Birds
- Residents: Mallard, Little grebe, Red kite, Griffon vulture, Northern goshawk, Eurasian sparrowhawk, Common buzzard, Common coot, Moorhen, Eurasian collared dove, Barn owl, Tawny owl, Long-eared owl, Common kingfisher, Iberian green woodpecker, Black woodpecker, Great spotted woodpecker, Lesser spotted woodpecker, White wagtail, Grey wagtail, Dipper, Wren, Dunnock, Robin, Black redstart, Blackbird, Song thrush, Mistle thrush, Blackcap, Firecrest, Long-tailed tit, Marsh tit, Crested tit, Coal tit, Blue tit, Great tit, European nuthatch, Short-toed treecreeper, Eurasian jay, Magpie, Carrion crow, Common raven, Common starling, Spotless starling, House sparrow, Common chaffinch, Greenfinch, Goldfinch, Common bullfinch, Yellowhammer, Cirl bunting, Corn bunting.
- Summer visitors: European honey-buzzard, Black kite, Egyptian vulture, Booted eagle, Short-toed eagle, Hobby, Common quail, Common cuckoo, Common swift, House martin, Barn swallow, Yellow wagtail, Tree pipit, Melodious warbler, Iberian chiffchaff, Bonelli's warbler, Spotted flycatcher, Red-backed shrike, European serin.
- Winter visitors: Grey heron, Northern lapwing, Woodcock, Tawny pipit, Fieldfare, Redwing, Goldcrest, Brambling, Siskin, Hawfinch.
- Passage migrants: Greylag goose, White stork, Black stork, Common crane, Green sandpiper, European turtle dove, Sky lark, Common redstart, Whinchat, Garden warbler, Common whitethroat, Willow warbler, Common chiffchaff, Golden oriole, Pied flycatcher.Recommended observation points
- Routes in the Orgi Oak woods (2.4 km.)
- Footpath SL NA-304 "Amati" (10.6 km.)