If you thought that Navarre did not have a sea, make your way over to the Alloz reservoir, you may just change your mind...
Intense turquoise still blue waters await us at this natural spot, one of the most important tourist locations in the Middle Zone of Navarre, located just kilometres from the town of Estella-Lizarra. Its rich and well-tended ecosystem and water classified as "excellent" make this the ideal place to practice water sports and activities.
If you like active tourism, over summer the Navarran Sailing School organises:
- Sailing courses for adults and children.
- Sailing initiation with an instructor for beginners.
- Freestyle trips in kayaks or canoes.
- Stand-up paddle boarding, a sport with its origins in Polynesian villages, can now be enjoyed here in Navarre.
If you are not the sporting type and are just looking for a spot of relaxation, here you can enjoy:
- Guided sail boat tours where you can discover the beauty of the surroundings, covered with gall-oaks, pine trees and meadows.
- Pedal boat hire.
Despite being a reservoir, its water is characterised for its degree of salinity, due to the river Salado that runs into it.
So step aboard, take the helm, and feel the wind in your sails!