This historical building, located at the junction of Mayor and Jarauta Streets, is the only example of 16th-century civil architecture in Pamplona. To learn of the origins of the palace it is necessary to go back to 1548, the year in which Luis de Beaumont, 'Condestable (constable) of Navarre', bought 4 adjacent houses to extend his own, on the corner of Mayor Street. The title of Constable of Navarre originated in the first third of the 15th century and was used to designate nobles who were charged with carrying the royal standard.
Throughout its history, the building has served the city as the seat of the bishop and even as the city hall. In the 21st century, following extensive restoration work, the palace opens its doors again, this time at the service of the people of Pamplona as a civic centre, adding to the list of assets of cultural interest in Navarre. The form has restored the building's original appearance, recovering elements such as its fanciful corner.
Opening hours, dates and guide prices. We recommend you confirm with the entity in question.